Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

Smash Book

I hope you all are having a wonderful Friday! It is almost time for my kids to go to back to school and I am elated! I am trying to get back in my scrappin' groove and I am starting to work on more projects. I have been inspired by fellow bloggers and You Tubers.

I have been hearing a lot of things about Smash Books in newsletters and online. A Smash scrapbook is a way to keep photos, memorabilia and notes in a way that has not been planned or designed. The Smash books that I've seen have an attached glue pen and coordinating stickers, pens, etc.


I decided that I didn't want to spend the money on one those books because I have too many scrapbooking supplies and materials laying around, I am being cheap and I still have a little creative juices left to make my own. I'm not saying it is not worth buying but I know if I did purchase one, it would probably be near the scrapbook planner I have now.

Blank Journal

 
After rummaging through my closet, I found a couple of journals that had I purchased from Michaels. I distressed the edges and embellished the cover with ribbons, stickers, images from the Songbird Cricuit cartridge and a charm. I added tabs to divide the pages inside. I still need to add paper clips, pens and other accessories so this is what I have so far.

Cover
Inside with tabs



















Supplies used:
  • Colorbok journal
  • Offray green ribbon
  • Offray Old Gold ribbon
  • K & Company Floral stickers
  • Frame 2 and Bird from Songbird Cricut cartridge
  •  3" File Tab punch by McGill
  • Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • cross charm




No comments:

Post a Comment